Reports To: Marketing Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date Last Approved/Revised: November 2014
Summary: The Communications Coordinator works with the Marketing Manager to coordinate the day-to-day communication needs of the organization. The ideal candidate has consistently demonstrated the highest standards of practice, including deep knowledge of emerging media, digital platforms, and current marketing trends.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Includes the day-to-day coordination of work-study students and marketing interns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Coordinate with ECHO’s media partners
- Coordinate social media presence and help build social media strategy
- Purchase media in support of ECHO’s marketing strategy
- Write press release copy and coordinate distribution
- Write monthly newsletter and promotional email communications
- Overseeing poster/flyer/coupon distribution at various locations
- Coordinating and tracking emailed communications
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and monitor key financial and audience measures on a regular basis
- Assist in coordinating and documenting (photographing) media and ECHO events
This job description is not intended to be a complete statement of the position; it is intended merely to be a guide to the general work to be performed.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: The ideal candidate will have a BS/BA in a related field and a minimum of 6 to 12 months relevant marketing work experience.
Essential Job Skills and Abilities:
- Belief in, and commitment to, ECHO’s mission
- Extensive knowledge of digital communications platforms
- Personable and outgoing
- Ability to develop and implement creative and effective marketing strategies
- Creative and skilled writer
- Ability to work across departments in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with digital media platforms (including social media), Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office Suite, Google Suite, and basic HTML
- Experience using, or knowledge of, data-driven metrics for marketing decisions
- Excellent project manager and team player who can work effectively with others
- Valid driver’s license and access to vehicle
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Work is performed in a regular office setting. The Marketing Coordinator must be able to work at a computer for several hours at a time. Some weekends, holiday, and after-hours work may be required.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Communications Coordinator in the subject line or by mail to Communications Coordinator Job Search, One College Street, Burlington, VT 05401. ECHO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Application Deadline: December 8, 2014