Building & Exhibits Maintenance Staff
ECHO seeks an experienced team player to provide building facilities and exhibit maintenance in a unique 36,000 square foot, software driven, LEED-certified aquarium and science center. ECHO is located on the shores of Lake Champlain in beautiful Burlington, Vermont.
This position provides a challenging, fast paced, diverse set of responsibilities including:
- Installing, maintaining and repairing high quality museum exhibits.
- Maintaining mechanical systems (HVAC, plumbing, aquarium life support systems, etc.).
- Maintaining walkways and exterior planted areas (snow removal, landscaping).
- Assisting Animal Care staff in equipment maintenance and repair.
- Interior and exterior building maintenance including roofing, painting, flooring, plumbing, lighting, signage and adjacent grounds.
- Interacting with staff to coordinate building and exhibit repairs.
Essential Job Skills and Abilities:
- Carpentry, plumbing, and mechanical skills.
- Electrical and electronics repair.
- Building finish work.
- Physical ability to perform strenuous work and lift and/or move at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to trouble shoot facilities issues both independently and with a team.
- Responsive multitasker who is comfortable working in fast paced environment.
Schedule & Benefits
- Four, 10-hour days per week including Saturdays. Occasional over time during exhibit installations and facilities emergencies.
- Benefits include: Paid time off, Health care, Retirement.
- Staff Training and Professional Development Opportunities
- Beautiful work setting
To Apply: Application Deadline: November 16, 2014
ECHO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Building & Exhibit Maintenance Staff in the subject line or by mail to ECHO Building & Exhibit Maintenance Job Search, One College Street, Burlington, VT 05401.
Make sure to check out our volunteer opportunities
for other great ways to get involved at ECHO!