Job Title: Summer Camp Program Assistant
Reports to: ECHO Group Programs Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Date Last Approved/Revised: February 2015
Summary: ECHO Camp staff work together to deliver exceptional educational experiences for children participating in ECHO Summer Camps. ECHO Summer Camps host youth entering grades K - 6 to explore hands-on science in and around the ECHO Lake Aquarium and Science Center. The Summer Camp Program Assistant will help deliver week-long, science, stewardship, and designed themed camps for up to 18 children from late-June to late-August.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Learn and understand ECHO’s mission, exhibits, camp programs, and safety protocols
- Attend pre-camp orientation
- Help lead science activities, group games, and crafts for groups of up to 18 children
- Help manage logistics, including facilitating snack, check-in, and check-out
- Ensure participant safety
- Foster environmental stewardship among youth
- Help staff camp aftercare program
This job description is not intended to be a complete statement of the position; it is intended merely to be a guide to the general work to be performed.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience working with youth, preferably in the context of the environment and/or science
- Must be 18 years or older, High School graduate or equivalent
Essential Job Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lead science and recreational activities
- First Aid/CPR Certified
- Strong behavior management skills
- Talent for building memorable camp experiences
- Strong work ethic, dependable, flexible, and punctual
- Excellent team player
- Must pass criminal background check
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Commitment and Hours: June 18 - August 21, 2015
Monday – Friday, 7:45am-3:15pm; shared AfterCare shifts until 5:00pm
Application Process: ECHO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes resumes from individuals who will contribute to our diversity. Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Summer Camp Assistant in the subject line. More information about ECHO Camps.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2015