ECHO Open Door strives to break down financial and cultural barriers and work to find affordable and equitable ways to allow all members of our community to have access to ECHO's rich services and resources. The ECHO Open Door Program encompasses:
- The "We All Belong" Cultural Competency Program:
Coordinated by the City of Burlington, this program has helped ECHO to find ways to make the science center accessible to everyone, where everyone feels included, welcomed and encouraged to learn, enjoy and be inspired by our mission of stewardship of Lake Champlain.
- The E-Team Teen Leadership Program:
The E-Team creates a fun, safe learning environment, where teens are encouraged to create goals and learn leadership, employment and science skills.
- Community Science Nights:
Three times each year, ECHO hosts a free after-hours event for upwards of 500 members of the community where they have complete, exclusive access to ECHO and ECHO programs.
- You Give, We Give Matching Memberships (seasonal) Program:
From November 15 - January 31 every time at new or renewed ECHO membership is purchased, ECHO donates a matching membership to a local family who might not otherwise have access to ECHO.
- Library Day Passes:
Over 300 libraries participate in the discounted daypass for entrance to ECHO. Ask your local librarian for more information
- Social Service Agency Day Passes: ECHO coordinates with 38 social service agencies in Vermont and Upstate New York to provide $2 admission to low income residents
- Mobius Mentoring Day Passes:
Mobius mentors and mentees receive $2 admission to ECHO with their Mobius Discount Card
For more information about the Open Door Program, please contact Tori Hart, Development Associate at 802.864.1848 x134 or email@example.com.