Slide into spring with this annual celebration of the earth! Explore and play in the mud, and in the process, learn to appreciate the importance mud plays in the environmental health of our region.
This year’s MudFest has been expanded from nine to sixteen (16) days, April 12 through 27! Every day, all day at you will enjoy tons of muddy activities, games, an all around family-friendly fun.
In the middle of our 16-day MudFest we've nestled our popular Muddy Music series starting Saturday April 19 through Tuesday (Earth Day), April 22, showcasing acclaimed Vermont musicians, produced by family-friendly Re-Bop records.
2014 ECHO Earth Weeks’ MudFest highlights:
- The always-popular “Mud Fling”: Daily at 2:30 p.m. Scoop up a spoonful — or handful — of sopping-wet earth, then drop it three stories down towards a giant target below. Nowthat’s physics!
- Meet the Animals: Each day a special animal ambassador will be introduced to our guests and allow us to tell the story of the importance of Lake stewardship and what it means to the health of our animal friends both in and out of the water.
- “Muddy Music" twice daily beginning on Saturday April 19 through Tuesday April 22 at noon and 1 p.m. Grab a spot in the bright and airy new Lakeside Pavilion and listen to and sing along with some of Vermont's best bands such as the Starline Rhythm Boys, Senyayit, Funky Crustaceans, and the Van Buren's from Boston. And a very special surprise trio on the April 22! Produced by Re-Bop Records.
- Wildlife Movie: Each day at 12:30 p.m. watch an exclusive ECHO movie short on a few of our more charismatic animals that teach us about our beautiful Lake and its environment.
- Mud Table: Daily from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. One super-sized mud tables with creative play tools. Oh yes, play all you want in the mud! (Cleaning water and wipes will be at-the-ready)
- Edible Bugs! That's right! Every day during MudFest, Sugarsnap will be offering edible bugs (yes real bugs!) for you to buy and try..@
For the complete event schedule please visit our MudFest calendar of events! (link to cal of events page for MudFest)
And here’s welcoming news: A special ECHO’s Open Door community access “Vermont and New York discount” is being offered throughout the week! $2 off admission for everyone in a party (requires just one valid ID from either state).
So pull on your mud boots and celebrate spring, Earth Day, Mud Season, and the coming of warmer days, all at once — just slide down to ECHO Earth Weeks’ MudFest for more muddy fun than you can possibly imagine!
Sponsors include Northfield Savings Bank, WDEV Radio and WPTZ News Channel 5.