CREATIONISM IN THE
Presenter: Nick Gotelli, Professor, Community Ecologist,
Department of Biology, UVM
Thursday, June 16, 2011, 7 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
The principles of evolution inform much of the teaching
and research in biology at the college level. However,
some people are strongly opposed to the teaching of
evolution in public schools. What is your take on this
topic? Join us in conversation with Nick Gotelli,
Professor, Community Ecologist, Department of Biology,
|Live From ECHO:
Here are some questions to get you thinking about
- How should the curriculum and content of science
courses be determined?
- Should controversial content be part of the
school curriculum or should it be avoided entirely?
- Do the answers to these questions depend on
whether we are talking about public versus private
schools, or colleges versus grade schools?
- Do opposing viewpoints always merit
- How do educators decide upon course content and
- To what extent should popular public opinion or
mandated government standards determine educational
Read more about these questions on our
Café Scientifique is being webcast by VPT, through a partnership with ECHO and
Vermont EPSCoR, and their science-based programs:
Use your Twitter account to interact with the live audience at ECHO,
and submit questions to the speaker: