|Dive deeper into Lake Champlain with the Resource Room, located on the top floor of ECHO.
Resource Room is open to all paid visitors during ECHO's regular
hours (sometimes closed for lunch).
- A friendly Staff to assist you with questions
about the Lake and region.
- Hands-on exhibits.
- A Lake Library with videos, books, research
reports, CD-ROMS, DVDs, and fact sheets.
- Children's book nook.
- Interactive "Basin Boxes" and a "Discovery
Cabinet" for preschool to middle-school students
learning about the Lake.
- Information about volunteer and stewardship
- Computer stations with internet access.
- School curricula for teachers and home-schoolers
Free Resource Room Passes (does not include admission to
ECHO) are available. To obtain one, call the Lake Champlain
Basin Program in advance to schedule an appointment. Call
800.468.5227 (NY & VT) or 802.864.1848 ext. 109.
The Resource Room is staffed and operated by the
Basin Program (LCBP) through a partnership with ECHO
Lake Aquarium and Science Center at the Leahy Center for Lake
Champlain. The LCBP is a federal, state, provincial, and local
initiative to restore and protect Lake Champlain and its
surrounding watershed for future generations. The LCBP works in
New York, Vermont, and Quebec. To learn more about current Lake
issues and research, visit the
Lake Champlain Basin Program online.