|In an effort to “walk the walk” of using fewer resources to promote ECHO experiences, ECHO developed the ECHO School Ambassador (ESA) program to communicate electronically with over 500 schools. This ongoing dialog provides a quick, accessible way for teachers to stay informed about educational opportunities both within ECHO and with our educational partners in the Lake Champlain Basin.
The ESA is responsible for:
- Forwarding monthly emails about ECHO events, education programs, regional professional development and environmental events and upcoming ECHO exhibits to faculty and staff within their school community.
- Posting a hardcopy ECHO Education Guide (mailed in the fall) and/or making it accessible to teachers interested in ECHO field trip opportunities.
- Becoming familiar with the current Teacher’s Choice educational programs and field trip planning tips.
- Advocating for ECHO as a premier science resource in the Lake Champlain Basin.
In appreciation of support to ECHO, the ESA will receive the benefit package of:
ECHO Family Membership — (a $100 value - 2 adults and 2 named children OR 1 adult and 3 named children) which entitles members to:
- Receive free admission to ECHO and more than 310 science centers, aquariums, and museums through the Association of Science and Technology Centers.
- Receive our e-newsletter, the ECHO
Update, keeping you informed about the latest ECHO events and exhibits.
- Invitations to ECHO Exhibit Openings — after-hours sneak peek events with great family activities!
- 10% off in ECHO's Gift Shop,Sugarsnap Café at ECHO, and new Facility Rental bookings.
- Discounted membership parking rate.
Please note that your ECHO Membership cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount or for school field trips.
To become an ESA:
- Send a request email to Elizabeth Nuckols, Youth Education Specialist at email@example.com to ensure that your school does not already have an identified ECHO School Ambassador (ESA). For questions, call 802-864-1848 x137.
- ECHO will update the ESA electronic list that is accessed by our Front Desk Guest Services staff including any changes to the ESA phone number or email address.
- The ECHO Membership benefit will run September 1 – August 31 to align with the school year.
- For the ESA’s ECHO Membership to be processed, you must first fill out a membership form that will be sent to you upon request.
- The ECHO Membership card will be mailed to you after processing.
Please Note: ECHO School Ambassadors DO NOT need to plan or register trips for other teachers. Your role is to be a knowledgeable support for teachers, an advocate for ECHO's mission and to act as a liaison for program opportunities. Thanks!