Interested in joining the ECHO team?
Job Title: Facilities/Exhibits Maintenance Specialist
Reports To: Director of Animal Care and Facilities
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Date Last Approved/Revised: April 2013
The Facilities/Exhibits Maintenance Specialist provides facilities and exhibit maintenance, some custodial services, and some assistance with animal care for ECHO’s reptile/amphibian/fish collection. Regular weekend and after-hours work required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Maintaining/repairing exhibits, guest amenities, and mechanical systems (HVAC, plumbing, aquarium life support systems, etc.).
- Maintaining walkways and exterior planted areas (snow blowing, sweeping, mowing, pruning, etc.).
- Maintaining adequate stocks of repair/maintenance supplies and equipment.
- Cleaning guest and staff areas (as required) during and after guest hours. This includes both indoor and outdoor custodial work.
- Responding to requests for emergency custodial/facilities/exhibits maintenance needs in a timely manner.
- Assisting Environmental Exhibit Specialists with animal care
Other Duties: Other duties and special projects assigned as needed.
This job description is not intended to be a complete statement of the position; it is intended merely to be a guide to the general work to be performed.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience and Essential Job Skills and Abilities:
- Relevant experience in carpentry, plumbing, and mechanical systems.
- Minor electrical and electronics repair, and building finish work.
- Relevant experience in building maintenance and custodial services.
- Physical ability to perform strenuous work and lift and/or move at least 50 pounds.
- Knowledge of or experience in animal care a plus.
- Must be available for regular weekend and after-hours work.
- Valid Vermont driver’s license.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee sometimes works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee may work in high, precarious places and be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. Regular weekends and occasional after-hours work is required.
To apply: submit resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org with Facilities/Exhibits Maintenance in the subject line or by U.S.P.S. to ECHO Facilities/Exhibits Maintenance Job Search, One College Street, Burlington, VT 05401 by April 19, 2013.
Make sure to check out our volunteer opportunities
for other great ways to get involved at ECHO!