Clean Water Communications Internship *Open for Fall Semester 2017*
Voices for the Lake Project Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to help propel a culture of clean water by cultivating and supporting the Vermont Clean Water Network - a growing network of 65+ organization network dedicated to creating a culture of clean water.
Responsibilities may include:
- Coordinate Network meetings
- Manage network online communication, including Wix website, social media and Google Groups
- Identify and plan shared learning opportunities, such as webinars
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Word processing and data entry skills
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize workload independently in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstration of attention to detail and task oriented
- Confidence to interact with conference attendees, presenters, vendors, external clients and all levels of management
- Interest and understanding of ECHO’s stewardship mission
Fifteen week commitment of 10 hours a week from September 1 - December 1 during the Fall of 2017. Occasional weekend & evening shifts may be required.
Communications & Design Internship *Filled for Fall Semester 2017*
Brand Curator & Multimedia Designer
ECHO’s communications & design intern will help tell the story of this incredible non-profit science center dedicated to the ecology, culture, history, and opportunity for stewardship in the Lake Champlain Basin. With a growing social media audience and endless ways to communicate, the role is exciting and allows students to enhance the skills they have and create a portfolio to get the job they want.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assisting Brand Curator/Designer with design projects such as marketing materials, flyers, advertisements, social media graphics, logos, exhibit signage within ECHO brand standards
- Representing ECHO’s brand by creating unique, thoughtful content using various media such as photography, videography, writing
- Sharing with social media followers up-to-date information and engaging content
- Analyzing social media performance and finding new creative ways to take the brand forward
- Planning and documenting ECHO events (some nights and weekends may be required)
- Design & Typography classes/skills
- Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign(Knowledge of Premiere & editing skills a plus)
- Understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
- Using PC computer
- A passion for museums, science education, early childhood learning, animals, and the environment and a desire to manage the brand
Internships are a semester commitment. Fall (September-December) Spring (January-April) Summer (May-August). Fifteen week commitment with a minimum of 12-15 hours a week - some weekends required.