Reports To: Director of Earned Revenue & Guest Services
FLSA Status:Non-Exempt, Hourly
Date Last Approved/Revised: June 6, 2018
The Full Time Position is 35-40 hours weekly. A flexible schedule is preferred and weekends and some evenings are expected.
The Part Time Position is 16-30 hours per week, days and times to be determined and weekends and some evenings are expected. Both positions are expected to work some holidays.
Summary: The Guest Service Representative helps create a positive experience for all ECHO visitors and provides excellent customer service through all aspects of the guest experience, from ticketing to departure. Guest services staff also participate in assisting with events, light retail stocking and merchandising.
Supervisory Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Open front desk including computers, cash drawer counting, and turning on all monitors and lights in time for guest arrival
- Meet and greet ECHO walk-up guests and scheduled groups
- Create a positive first impression of ECHO
- Process front desk admission sales
- Stay informed about ECHO exhibits, programs, and gift shop merchandise
- Help sell ECHO products by explaining annual membership benefits and suggesting gift shop merchandise
- Set up Community Room, Omni Room, or Dealer.com Terrace with birthday party supplies
- Answer guest questions about ECHO and Burlington area
- Serve as first point of contact for guest injuries or complaints and delegate to the proper Manager and/or Director
- Make daily announcements and keep guests informed about activities and public programs
- Answer phone questions directed to the Front Desk
- Close all drawers and prepare daily cash-out reconciliation reports
- Perform reception duties (receive express mail packages, greet ECHO staff guests, keep front desk neat and organized, etc.)
- Checking on parking as needed
- Process gift shop merchandise sales
- Assists in gift shop inventory count
- Other duties may be assigned
- Serve as ECHO representative in the front-desk area for events scheduled outside of regular operating hours.
This job description is not intended to be a complete statement of the position; it is intended merely to be a guide to the general work to be performed.
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Demonstrated customer service experience
- Retail and cash-handling experience
- Knowledge or interest in the ECHO mission a plus
- Ability to operate a cash register and learn ticketing system
- Attention to detail, facility with numbers
- Excellent computer skills and ability to learn new programs and systems
- Ability to assist changing employee base including volunteers, interns and seasonal help
- Can-do attitude and willingness to take on additional responsibility
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Regular weekend, holiday, and some evening hours for special events required.
Application Instructions: ECHO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.Send resume and cover letter to ECHO Job Search. Please put Guest Service Representative in the subject line of the email and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: July 5, 2018
Reports To: Public Programs Manager
FLSA Status: Full Time Exempt
Date Last Revised: June 2018
Summary: ECHO, Leahy Center for Lake Champlain is an innovative science and nature center located on Burlington, Vermont’s Waterfront. ECHO leverages its unique setting to inspire and engage families in the joy of scientific discovery, wonder of nature, and care of Lake Champlain. ECHO is currently seeking an Education Specialist join our Programs & Exhibits team.
Education Specialist Summary The Education Specialist supports the development and delivery of the guest experience at ECHO. Responsibilities include delivery of public programs, floor management, STEM activity development, and leading education material management and resupply. The position ensures a high-quality educational experience by working closely with volunteers, interns, and other floor staff. The Education Specialist is a dynamic presenter, extremely organized, demonstrates strong interpersonal and program development skills, and has previous experience working with STEM content in an educational setting. The position requires a Sun – Thurs work schedule with occasional holiday shifts as part of a 40-hour/week commitment. The successful candidate must be available to start the position no later than August 29, 2018.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervise and mentor activities of education volunteers and interns to include assigning, reviewing and evaluating daily tasks and project work.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate volunteers, interns, and staff to deliver an outstanding daily guest experience.
- Deliver educational presentations and activities to guests ages 0 – 100.
- Work with the Public Programs Manager to create trainings and processes that facilitate the development of volunteer/interns.
- Work with the Education Team to develop new public presentations, early science programs, and festivals
- Manage program materials and resupply of consumables.
- Work with other departments to coordinate and communicate floor and program needs.
- Assist in planning and delivery of public festivals.
- Assist in daily floor closure and clean-up.
- Greet and orient visitor groups.
- Represent ECHO in radio and television media.
- Other duties and special projects assigned as needed
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in education and/or STEM field with college level training in both fields.
- 2+ years experience building and delivering memorable learning experiences.
- Comfortable delivering public presentations.
- Working knowledge of educational theory and practice, especially in informal science education.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office, Google Apps.
- Understanding of and ability to troubleshoot AV technology.
- Enthusiasm for working with learners of all ages.
- Enthusiasm for teaching a diversity of STEM content, including engineering, the physical sciences, and ecology.
- Experience in program development.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic team setting.
- Strong interest and skills in mentoring volunteers and interns.
- Excellent material organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Committed to ongoing cultural responsiveness.
Schedule: 40 hours/week, Sun – Thurs, including occasional holidays. Must be available to start no later than August 29, 2018.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Work is performed partially on the museum floor and in a regular office setting. The Education Specialist must be able to move around actively on the museum floor for several hours at a time. The position also requires the individual to effectively communicate subject matter to ECHO guests.
Salary:Commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits and professional growth opportunities.
Application Instructions: ECHO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.Send resume and cover letter to ECHO Job Search. Please put Education Specialist in the subject line of the email and send to: email@example.com