FOR EARLY LEARNERS
- PBS Learning Media Science Crafts for Kids – Early Childhood Lesson Plans
- Scholastic Learn at Home for Preschoolers 4 weeks of activities offered for free all with a read aloud and related activities each day, including STEM activities.
- Mister Rogers Factory Visits are a great way for children to learn that people make things, not just machines. His tours will leave people of all ages in awe of the fascinating way that things in our everyday lives are made – from light bulbs to crayons and from applesauce to balls.
FOR TEEN & ADULT LEARNERS
- Exploratorium’s Science Snacks – Exciting science activities based on amazing phenomena that are hands-on and use cheap available materials.
- PBS Media, NOVA: Earth System Science
- Lake Champlain Sea Grant Zoom a Scientist Series
- Lake Champlain Basin Program – Volunteer for a healthier Lake Champlain
- Cornell Lab of Ornithology – Participate in one of the many bird monitoring projects and help scientists understand how birds are affected by habitat loss, pollution, disease, climate and other environmental changes.
- Boston Science Museum – Hands on family friendly STEM activities
- The Children’s Museum in Pittsburgh Let’s Try… Video Workshops for Kids provide instruction for creative activities that can be done at home with materials around the house.
- How to Smile – a collection of educational materials, tools and services especially designed for teaching kids STEM topics in non-school settings
- NASA at Home resources for K-4th graders. This series includes 6 activity types, Build It!, Solve it!, Launch it!, Color it!, Play it! And Read it!. You will find simple instructions, printable templates, digital supports and more.
- PBS Learning Media – engineering and technology resources
- Exploratorium tinkering projects using things you have around the house
- Exploratorium Science Snacks for K-5 – Exciting science activities based on amazing phenomena that are hands-on and use cheap available materials.
- Title Pro’s Tinkering Guide – This guide offers a summary of the importance of STEM learning and giving students opportunities to learn through tinkering. It also provides links to some great activity ideas like:
- Audubon for Kids – Nature Activities, DIY, Lessons for Home
- OK Go Sandbox – NGSS aligned lessons for elementary students that promote learning through the joy, wonder, and fun of OK Go’s music videos.
- Museums for Digital Learning – Resource kits and engineering challenges curated by museum professionals