Become a part of ECHO’s volunteer family!
Whether you’re looking to learn more about the care of Lake Champlain, connect with your community, pursue your interests in STEM education, teach kids about bear and moose, or build your resume, ECHO has something for everyone!
ECHO is a nonprofit, and we depend on our amazing volunteers to engage with our visitors, assist in caring for animals, support our staff in their important work, and help us communicate our mission to engage families in the wonder of nature, the joy of scientific discovery and the care of Lake Champlain.
What do volunteers do at ECHO?
- Support animal care staff in the care of our many species of turtles, including neonates (baby turtles)
- Guide kids in exploring the wonders of moose and bears
- Connect with the public about important water quality issues in the Lake Champlain Basin
- Teach kids to program miniature robots in our Maker Space
- Participate in delivering seasonal activities designed to enrich science learning in our community (past activities have included a solar eclipse viewing party, snowball fling, and more!)
For ages 16 years and older
Steps to Volunteer at ECHO:
- Volunteer Opportunities: Read volunteer descriptions below and choose one that interests you.
- Fill out our online application: Applications are accepted year-round.
- Interview: If you are a good match for our volunteer program, you will be contacted for an interview to discuss your volunteer role, background and availability.
- Volunteer Orientation: Volunteer orientations are held winter, summer and fall. When you have been selected as a volunteer, the Volunteer Coordinator will connect about your training and orientation times.
- Department Training: In addition to the Volunteer Orientation, you will train within the department for your specific role.
Contact Billy Ernest, Education & Volunteer Specialist at (802) 864-1848 x149 or email@example.com
ECHO is proud to be an equal opportunity organization. All qualified applicants to volunteer and intern positions will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. ECHO will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities who need an accommodation to fully participate in the application process.
If you would like to request an accommodation, please contact David Bardaglio, Director of Finanace & Adminstration, 802-864-1848 x103 or firstname.lastname@example.org