FOR EARLY LEARNERS
- PBS Learning Media Science Crafts for Kids
- Let’s Grow Kids New downloadable LGK Playtime Activity Book designed for young children by Let’s Grow Kids early educator experts
- Scholastic Learn at Home for Preschoolers 4 weeks of activities offered for free all with a read aloud and related activities each day, including STEM activities.
- Mister Rogers Factory Visits are a great way for children to learn that people make things, not just machines. His tours will leave people of all ages in awe of the fascinating way that things in our everyday lives are made – from light bulbs to crayons and from applesauce to balls.
- Social Story for Young Children ages 3-8. Something Strange Happened in My City: A Covid 19 Social Story for Young Learners
- Boston Science Museum STEM Beyond School: Tuesday and Thursday; 2 pm, Wednesday; 10 am. The Museum’s STEM curricula division, EiE, hosts STEM webinars with at-home engineering activities to keep viewers engaged in their STEM education.
- Vermont Energy Education Program (VEEP) offers at home standards aligned learning resources that can be filtered by grade.
- The Children’s Museum in Pittsburgh Let’s Try… Video Workshops for Kids provide instruction for creative activities that can be done at home with materials around the house.
- NASA at Home resources for K-4th graders. This series includes 6 activity types, Build It!, Solve it!, Launch it!, Color it!, Play it! And Read it!. You will find simple instructions, printable templates, digital supports and more.
- PBS Kids has started a new week day newsletter in response to the school closures. Parents can sign-up to receive the newsletter which offers activities and tips to help kids play and learn at home.
- Exploratorium tinkering projects using things you have around the house
- Exploratorium Science Snacks for K-5 – Exciting science activities based on amazing phenomena that are hands-on and use cheap available materials.
- Title Pro’s Tinkering Guide – This guide offers a summary of the importance of STEM learning and giving students opportunities to learn through tinkering. It also provides links to some great activity ideas like:
- Audubon Vermont – Find awe and inspiration in nature. Audubon for Kids | Nature Activities, DIY, Lessons for Home
FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL
- Exploratorium’s Learning Toolbox – Make sense of timely topics and find general science support for your virtual classroom. The current Topic, Viruses and us.
- Exploratorium’s Science Snacks – Exciting science activities based on amazing phenomena that are hands-on and use cheap available materials.
- Museum of Science, Boston Science Snapshot: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday; 11 am. Explore the biggest science headlines with Museum educators and get a better understanding of what’s happening in the world of science.
- Lake Champlain Sea Grant Zoom a Scientist Series
- Lake Champlain Basin Program – Volunteer for a healthier Lake Champlain